Friday 26 April 2013

Mizon Multi Function Formula Snail Recovery Gel Cream

It's time to review "the classic" - a skincare product, that probably everyone interested in Korean cosmetics has tested. It was my first Korean skincare product and it's influence on my skin trigged my interest in Korean cosmetics.



The phenomenon of Mizon's gel is snail secretion filtrate (74%), which has shooting and regenerating properties and can help skin heal. It also contains hialuronic acid, well known for it's moisturising properties and adenosine, which helps to keep skin elasticity. This gel-cream is recommended for people with various skin concerns; irritation, pigmentation, acne. I realise that putting something coming from snail on your face may gross you, but trust me, there is nothing disgusting or snaily about gel's consistency or smell. And it contains snail secretion filtrate, which means that secretion is processed (so it's not like someone squeezes the snail straight into the tube xD).


Product is a pink squeezy tube with 45ml capacity. It comes in pink cardboard box, sealed with Mizon's "genuine product" sticker. Capacity may seem quite small, however a little goes a long way - the amount shown on picture is well enough for the whole face, so one tube easily lasts for two months of everyday use.
The product is much closer to gel, than cream. It's whitish and semi-transparent with gel-like, light texture. It absorbs into skin a bit longer than some creams, but quick enough to not be annoying. It absorbs completely, doesn't leave sticky film on skin.

I used up two tubes of this product and on the beginning I was absolutely delighted, BUT after some time and when I started to test other Korean products I felt that Mizon's gel is missing something. But first I will focus on it's good sides.

It moisturises quite well, however we may feel some lack of moisture - putting two layers of the product helps and doesn't feel too heavy, which is good. The biggest pro of this gel is that it covers any dry patches very well. Currently I am using the second tube of the product and it's hard to tell if it helped with my acne, as I just started antibiotics treatment, but in general my skin condition improved very much and I think it's partly thanks to Mizon. After-spot redness is disappearing quicker and I'm sure it's thanks to this gel, as I haven't been using any other anti-acne, anti-scar or brightening products (now I just started Skin Food Tomato Whitening Serum). I certainly can recommend this product to anyone with acne-prone skin, oily, combination or normal complexion.

Now as it comes to cons of the product. Mizon's gel is supposed to be used with the whole line of products as the last step of skincare. It means, that other products from the line (the ones that we would put before the gel) are supposed to absorb and moisturise the skin, when the gel is supposed to stay on the top and protect the skin. The gel doesn't leave the feeling of film on the skin, however after some time of using it I started to feel that may skin is smooth and good looking on the outside, but underneath still feels a bit dehydrated. So for long term Mizon's gel is not good to be used as the only moisturising product, we need something else to support it. The gel contains silicon, so it's best to use it as a last step of skin care (the way it's supposed to be used). For people sensitive to silicon the good news is that silicone in Mizon's gel is Cyclopentasiloxane, kind of light silicone that evaporates from the skin.

Another downside, that causes my main issue with the product is that it leaves skin really shiny. So even if I decide to have make up free day I cannot bear leaving the house without at least a little dab of mattifying powder on my nose. The gel doesn't make me more oily, just more shiny...

Summing up: Mizon's gel is definitely worth trying, I think it's a great product to start the adventure with Korean cosmetics. It is also worth trying the rest of the line (reviews yet to come), like very popular All-in-one cream, which samples can be easily bought on e-Bay. But it's not perfect, so after using two tubes I am moving on to try some other snail gels :)

Price: from £4 on e-Bay.


The whole Mizon's Snail line.
Ingredients: Snail Secretion Filtrate, Butylene Glycol., Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Bis-ped-18 Methyl Etherl Dimetyl Silane, Polysorbate 10, Sodium Hyaluronate, Carbomer, Glycolsyl Trehalose, Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolustate, Triethanolamine, Dimethicone/vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Hydroxyethulcellusole, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylexylglyceriunm Sodium Polycarylate, Centellia Sinensis leaf Extract, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Extract, Betula Platyphylla Japonica Jucie, Tropolone, Copper Tripeptide-1, Allantoin, Panthenol, Olea Europea (Olive) fruit oil, Heliantus Annus Seed Oil, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4, Denosine, disodium Edta.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs