Sunday 4 August 2013

Skin Food Red Orange Jelly BB Cream

Hello :)
Today another BB Cream Review - I decided to check out this one because I wanted to try the jelly consistency :)

The full size product is a jar with 25 gram capacity. I was testing just the sample, which looked like so:


Description: This flexible jelly pudding BB cream contains moisture-rich revitalizing ingredients from orange to keep your skin ultra moisturized and to create a hydrated and jelly-like resilient skin with a smooth finish.


So the most interesting aspect for me - consistency - it just sticks together a little bit more than a standart BB cream. Usual BB would just fill bottom of packaging, when this one kind of stays in one place. When you touch a little bit of product - for example on lid - you won't feel much difference, but when you put your finger where cream is cummulated, you'll feel under your finger a subtle resistance. I was afraid that it may be too solid, so I will have to take out "chunks" of jelly and work them around face... but no, a bit of product stays on fingers the way just any cream would and spreads easily on face. However I am not sure if it would be suitable for brush application, I just used my fingers.



The Orange Jelly BB Cream is available in two shades: #1 Light Beige and #2 Natural Beige, I was using No.1 and it matched my skin very well. 
This BB doesn't offer much coverage and I could like it for natural look if it wouldn't roll up in wrinkles so badly :/ it also makes dry patches very visible.
The producent promise moisturisation, but I didn't notice any special effect on that. It actually feels quite dry for me... it doesn't dry out skin, but the consistency seems to be weirdly dry for me.
What suprised me positively was the way it controlled sebum on my face - it lasted almost 4 hour without blotting, record!

This BB Cream contains SPF 20 PA++.

Price of full size product: between £7-10 on e-Bay.

Pros:
+ lightweight
+ colour matched my complexion well
+ sebum control

Cons:
- rolls up in wrinkles
 - makes dry patches more visible
- not enough coverage

Generally I don't mind light coverage creams as long as it looks naturally on face - this one unfortunatelly doesn't mostly because of the way it rolls up in my wrinkles. However thanks to the way it controlled sebum on my face I am considering buying some other product from Skin Food's Red Orange series - for example Makeup Finish Mist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs