Thursday 20 February 2014

Etude House Sweet Recipe Baby Choux Base #2 Berry Choux

Hi everyone! I have for you review of a super popular and super cute product from Etude House. Enjoy! ^^



Porduct description: This light and fluffy choux cream-like makeup base creates baby choux skin with its moist inside and soft smoothness on the outside. It works as a make up base + primer, fixing skin tone. Dandelion extract and cotton extract cares for your skin. SPF25 PA++.

The product used to be in a well known jar packaging with spatula - now it's a tube. Size stayed the same, 35g.


The Baby Choux Base is available in three colours:
#1 Mint Choux - to correct red skin tones.
#2 Berry Choux - for pale skin tone , to give it more life.
#3 Peach Choux - to brighten up dark skin tone.




The sample I was testing out was a free gift, so I didn't have a choice in colour. If I was to choose myself, the Berry Choux probably would be my last choice, as my face is naturally quite pink. However it turns out that it worked quite well for me!





The texture of the product is really nice, smooth and fluffy, just like in description ;) it has sweet, but very subttle smell. Aapplication is smooth and easy, it blends realy nicely into skin. Becouse it's a tinted base, there are two ways of using this product: you can use it as a make up base, or on it's own. I was actually very surprised how good my face looked with only base on. I have very uneven skin tone, my temples, neck and ears area are very bright, almost white, my cheeks are rather pink with some dark and a bit purplish spots (old acne scares) and my eyes area is shady (it's genetic, got it after my dad and it's not influent by the amount of sleep I get). This pink base managed to even out my skin tone, nicely covered all the purplishness (the spots were still visible, but much less). I tested it out with three BB creams:
There was only one thing I didn't like - this base really hooks up on a dry patches and any irreguralities. Even though I use a peeling gel every day it still managed to find some irrs on my forhead, what the hell. The dry bits was especially visible when used with EH Precious Mineral BB, the best for covering them was Tony Moly Dear Me BB.

Price: from £6 on e-Bay.

Pros:
+ leaves skin silky smooth in touch
+ a little goes a long way - sample leasted me easily for three applications
+ makes make up last longer
+ evens out skin tone good enough, to be used on it's own

Cons:
- it makes any dry patches and irregularities in skin texture more visible

Generally I don't like having much on my face, mostly because I got oily skin and I am afraid that each extra layer of cream/make up will make it even more oily, so I was never using any primer before. I thought I don't need it at all. This product convinced me, that base can actually help me out, by making make up last longer and covering my spots. I am thinking about getting full size of this product and since I am convinced that it's good to have a primer on, I can't wait to test some other brands as well :) If you haven't try this product yest, get yourself some samples, it's worth it! :)


Ingredients: Water, Caprylyl, methicone, cyclopentasiloxane, ethylhexyl mexthoxycinnamate, titanium dioxide, ethylhexyl salicylate, cyclohexasiloxane, glycerin, dimethicone crosspolymer, butylene glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, cetyl ethylhexaoate, cilica, cetyl peg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, ethylhexyl trazone, butylene glycol, caprylyl methicone, sodium chloride, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, peg-12 dimethicone, quaterium-18 bentonite, triethoxycaprlylsilxane, gossypium herbaceum (Cotton) extract, taraxacum offinale (Dandelion) Rhizome/root extract, carthamus tinctorius (Safflower) Seed oil, lincolei acid, linolenic acid, salvia hispanica seed oil, ethylhexyl olivate, sodium potassium aluminum silicate, mica, alumina, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, caprylyl glycol, ethylhexylglycerin 1,2-hexanediol, fragrance, CI 77491, CI 77492 
 

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to like this so badd ): I tried the green one and it just made my skin look flaky. I'm glad you liked it though!

    kittencuddler.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I seen your review as well :) it definetly does something weird to skin texture, making it smooth but with dry patches sticking out at the same time lol. It's funny, coz if I was to chooe colour I would go for green one, but actually there is quite a lot not-so-good reviews about the green one! Maybe other colour would work better for you :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs