Tuesday 15 July 2014

Review: GEO Honey Wing circle lens on light eyes

As I got my eyes tested and my first pair of circle lenses were a success the world of possibilities opened up for me, so suddenly I decided that I really really want chocolate brown eyes. There is hundreds of them available so it took me a good couple of days to finally make up my mind. Since my GEO Bella Green lenses were a success I decided to narrow my choices to that company and finally was able to choose GEO Honey Wing.



What caught my attention to this particular lenses was the fact that their limbal ring is not black but dark brown. I learnt from my green lenses that black ring makes the colour inside of lens less noticeable (unless it's a really vivid one) and I was opting for quite even dark brown eyes.
GEO Honey Wing have diameter of casual contact lenses - 14mm - but are printed right to the edge of the lens, so even with small diameter they are giving me eyes subtle enlargement effect. I find them quite hard to put on and I don't know why, since they have such a small diameter and exactly same base curve and water content as my Bella Green... They also take quite long to settle down on my eyes, sometimes even up to 10mins, but after that they are comfortable and I can hardly feel them at all. With some eye drops I can easily wear them for 10-12 hours. As most of the circle lenses they got one year life span.
Bright light - left: GEO Honey Wing, right: my natural eye colour
I mus say I don't really like the black pattern around the pupil whole. It doesn't reach my pupil so it's basically in the middle of the eye, which looks weird.

Darker light - left: GEO Honey Wing, right: my natural eye colour
My natural eye colour is peeking through the pupil whole, unless my pupils are enlarged, so these lenses look much more natural in dim lighting or from far away. Between limbal ring and pupil whole the colour of the lenses is opaque and looks as a nice dark brown even on my light eyes.
GEO Honey Wing on both eyes, bright natural light
GEO Honey Wing on both eyes, dim lighting
Even though they look a bit weird in the bright light I wear them sometimes during the daytime and didn't get any bad comments so I suppose they are not that bad :P But they are definitely more beneficial for bright eyes as an evening eye enchantment.
I also recently dyed my hair ginger for the very first time and these lenses are going really well with my new hair colour :)

Price: £12.34 on Pinky Paradise.

Pros:
+  nice, dark brown colour
+ dark brown limbal ring that I think looks better than a black one would
+ comfortable for long time wear
+ one year life span

Cons
- I find them quite hard to put on, but I'm not sure why
- Can take quite a long time to settle on the eye
- My natural iris colour is peeking through the pupil whole, so if you have light eyes you won't get full colour coverage
- The black pattern on the inside of the lens looks weird

Summing up: I quite like these lenses and I am happy with my purchase, they look beautiful in the dim lighting, when my natural colour is not peeking through. I can imagine they would look great on hazel or brown eyes :)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you I received my order from KOREAN-LENS shop, so happy !!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs