Sunday 21 September 2014

Perfect circle lens for bright eyes: Vassen Rainbow Eyes in Purplish Red

I wanted to try some purple lenses for a while now, but I couldn't decide. I mostly wear my lenses to work, I don't go out that much, so it's better for me to go for some natural or semi-natural looking lenses (I don't wear my GEO Honey Wing to work, cause they look so unnatural in the daylight). A lot of lenses are rather in-your-face purple, especially on bright eyes. When I came across this ones they immediately catched my eye as they have combination of my two favourite colours: pink and purple. I wouldn't dare to try just pink lenses, but this mixture looked interesting and subtle.



They have the biggest diameter of my lenses so far: 15mm. Even though they seemed quite big for me I didn't have any problems with putting them on. They settle quickly on the eye and comfortable to wear for 10-13 hours.


left: my nautral eye colour, right: Vassen Rainbow Eyes
This lenses are basically only printed on the very edge, so a lot of natural eye colour is visible. They go well with my natural grayish-blue eyes. Because they don't have the black rim effect is very natural, they can be easily worn to work. The enlargement effect is quite significant. Even on the printed side the lenses are quite transparent. My eyes have natural rim a little bit darker on the outside side of iris, and I can see this rim through the lens if I look closely. If you have natural strongly dark rim around the whole iris this lenses may not look great. Also because of very subtle colour I can't really see them going with very dark eyes - it would kill the effect.


Unfortunately pink is the downside of this shade. It looks interesting, but if you are tired and your eyes are getting red or if you have problem with dark circles around the eyes, pink makes it all more visible. So I only war this lenses when I had a good night sleep lol!

Price: £14.82 on Pinky Paradise

Pros:
+ easy to put on despite of bigger diameter
+ good enlargement effect
+ comfortable to wear for long time
+ quite subtle, suitable for daytime wear
+ look great on light eyes
+ one year life span

Cons:
- they make tired eyes or dark circles around the eyes more visible

Summary: this are nice, comfortable lenses, interesting mixture of colours, looking nice on bright eyes. However I know already that pink is not my kind of colour for the eyes, so next time I will be looking for pure purple.
Rainbow Eyes are also available in Pinkish Brown, Grayish Blue, Light Greenish, Brownish Hazel. I am really tempted to try the Light Greenish, which has blue and green strokes or Grayish Blue which has blue, gray and yellow strokes^^

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs