Monday 10 November 2014

Vertical pupils for Halloween - Viper contact lenses :)

I love Halloween and I dress up every year, both to work and for party. This year I'm saving money and I didn't buy a new outfit, just decided to freshen up my old ones with some spooky eyes. I was looking for something that would match both my purple witch outfit (that's my "safe" costume for work) and red&black Jester costume (more party looking one). I couldn't make my mind for a long time, eventually I have chosen white iris with black vertical pupil lenses.


picture from Eyes Bright website
I normally buy my lenses from Pinky Paradise on-line shop, however all their Halloween lenses were sold out by the middle of October, so I made an order from British on-line shop Eyes Bright. It was a pleasant shopping experience and I received my parcel in only two days time. Well done, Eyes Bright!



The lenses are weird in touch, they are very soft and have kind of rubbery feel to them. I guess it's because of amount of pigment of them. When handled they don't stay on finger, they slide and fall, so I struggled a little bit to put them on. Fortunately, once they are in they're doing well, fitting quite comfortably and not stinging (some lenses need time to lay properly on the eye and can sting even up to few minutes after putting on).


I must admit that I was surprised by how well they look on the eye - I was sure that my iris will be visible through the pupil whole, just like it happens with all my other lenses. However in this ones the pupil slot is so small that my iris is well covered. From close distance (like on the pic) they do stand out because my eye's whites are not as perfectly pure white as the pigment on the lens, but from some distance they blend very well and look really disturbing. My friend's and customer's reactions were priceless :D Unfortunately sometimes they turn a little by themselves and need to be fixed every so often.
The small pupil whole is interfering with vision a little bit - it's burred on the edges. The worst part is putting them on, when I have one lens in and on one eye my vision is interfered and the other eye sees fine - that feels really weird. After I put them both in I can get used to them pretty quickly, I didn't have any problems with reading or writing at work. They have 90 days life span, I was wearing them for two days, one day at work for 9-10 hours and next day for party approx. 8 hours. Because of the rubbery feel to them I felt them on my eye all the time.

Price: £14.95 for 90 day lenses. What's interesting prices of daily lenses are similar in Eyes Bright and in Pinky Paradise we would pay similar price for yearly lenses.

Pros:
+ natural iris is not visible
+ a great spooky look

Cons:
- I feel them on my eyes constantly
- they interfere with vision a little bit
- sometimes they spin on their own and need to be adjusted every so often

Overall this are pretty fine lenses, however I wouldn't recommend them to someone who never wore lenses before as they may cause some discomfort. They are not suitable for everyday wear or long time wear (I wouldn't manage 12 hours in them), but they are perfect completion to a wicked costume for Halloween party :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs